The Big Hour Challenge is a fantastic way to unite a workplace, from small businesses to global companies. The Big Hour guarantees that you will have fun while doing good - raising funds and awareness for the unthinkably tough times that a family with a seriously ill child goes through.
Hints and tips for fundraising in your workplace
- Hold an hour-long bake sale of rainbow-themed cakes, cookies and biscuits, and why not ask for an entry fee and give a prize to the cake voted Best Taste or Best Looking
- Ask colleagues for an entry fee to take part in lunch-hour office Olympics – you could include chair-racing, how many holes you can punch into a piece of paper in a minute, waster-bin basketball, three-legged races, highest number of press-ups – and provide small prizes for individuals or teams
- Organise a dress-down day
- Try your hand at a colleague’s job for an hour, and get sponsored
- Some companies will match the money you raise for the Big Hour. Find out if yours is one of them and make even more of a difference to families with a seriously ill child.
- Use your internal email list or intranet to post about the Big Hour.
- Tell everyone you know about the Big Hour on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We’ve created some fabulous downloadable news-feed posts and cover photos to help you! Once you click ‘download’, a new window will open with your chosen picture. Simply right-click to save the image to your computer, then share!
- Put up posters around the office
- Give a lunchtime presentation about Rainbow Trust and the difference we make – we can send you all the information you’ll need.