Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of their time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed. For families living with childhood illness, time is everything. Right now, there are too many families coping alone with no support, no time to think, no time to make memories and no time for each other. We believe that no family should go through this alone, so we are here to change that.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an experienced Accounts Assistant to maintain an efficient and accurate finance function within Rainbow Trust.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will take responsibility for the accurate processing of financial information onto Sage 50 ledger and the payroll system to ensure that staff and suppliers are paid on time; that managers receive complete and accurate monthly reports with clear descriptions of individual transactions to help manage budgets; and to support the Finance Manager to produce complete and accurate monthly management accounts.
Having held a similar role in a previous employment (preferably in a medium sized company) you understand through your knowledge of good customer care that building supportive relationships and producing consistently high-quality work is essential.
Our new, modern Head Office is situated in Leatherhead, Surrey located just 45 minutes from London Waterloo and Victoria and 25 minutes from Guildford. We are less than a 10 minute walk from Leatherhead Station and the town centre, with free on-site parking.
What we’re looking for:
- Competent in processing financial data and payroll – applications will be particularly welcome from those who have volunteered or worked in a charity, are educated to A level or equivalent, who have previously worked in a finance team
- Helpful, collaborative and patient – you thrive working at a steady pace within a structured job environment, producing accurate error-free work whilst following established guidelines, with a high attention to detail
- A co-operative working style – you are able to work well with others, thrive working at a steady pace and have knowledge of the principles that underpin good customer care
- Patient and consistent – you have better-than-average attention to detail and accuracy, even with repetitive work, and make cautious decisions within clear guidelines
- A confident user of MSOffice and experience of using Sage – you have an analytical working style who is neat and organised, produces high quality accurate work, and are able to carry out instructions carefully.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to email@example.com
First interviews will take place at our Leatherhead Head Office on 17 December 2019, with second interviews to be confirmed. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.