The Challenge 50 intern is responsible for helping to execute the CEO’s Challenge 50 campaign. This is a busy and varied role which will enable you to gain a wide range of experience across different areas of the charity.
You will have responsibility for arranging various events, managing the event schedule and responsibility for all digital and PR activity with the support of the fundraising and marketing teams.
Activities and responsibilities:
• Identifying opportunities
• Arranging all necessary elements for each activity
• Working across teams within the charity
• Communicating effectively internally with the team across departments and externally with relevant individuals
• Logging important information on the database.
• Providing support at events and representing Rainbow Trust to the public
• Making the most of social media and PR opportunities
• Managing the CEO’s blog and contributing to social activities
• Attending and contributing to team meetings.
You can expect to gain experience in the following areas:
• Knowledge of how the third sector operates
• Working in a fast-paced office environment
• Using various computer software including a database
• Research skills
• Both written and verbal communication, internally and externally
• Event organisation
• Digital marketing and PR experience.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good IT skills – MS office
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Great attention to detail
• Confident telephone manner
• Ability to see a task through to the end
• Happy, ‘can-do’ approach to work
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and CV, highlighting which intern placement you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more call Louise on 01372 220 007.
Please note, this is an up-paid position for 3 months, 3 days a week. Lunch and travel expenses will be reimbursed.