Are you an undergraduate student looking to gain experience in the Third Sector over a three month period? Are you excited by the opportunity to gain valuable work experience whilst working for a worthwhile cause and build up your portfolio?
Based in Leatherhead, Surrey, our Communications team is looking for smart, innovative and forward thinking interns to join the team over the coming months. The placement is for three months and three days per week.
You will have the opportunity to work in a third sector environment, get practical work experience and have a direct impact on our charity. You will also experience other departments at work and get a good feel for marketing and fundraising in this sector.
Activities could include
- Transcribing family interviews and writing up family stories in the charity style and tone. Writing copy for website, literature and marketing materials
- Assisting with the daily functions of the marketing department
- Supporting in the delivery of key communications materials
- Researching options for sharing our stories e.g. relevant bloggers, suitable local and national magazines and ways to increase our awareness through social and digital media
- Understanding of the use of emotive writing
- Compassionate and empathetic to the families we support
- Good written use of English language
- Ability to research and pitch ideas for development
- Working with other teams across the organisation
The type of person we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and innovative
- Forward thinker with the ability to think outside the box
- Responsible and keen to work independently and within a team
- Flexible and able to work at our head office in Leatherhead
Please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com.
This is an unpaid volunteer position for 2-3 months, 2 - 3 days a week.