Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
The Corporate team is responsible for £1.4 million of Rainbow Trust’s income this financial year and is looking at the possibility of gaming as an income stream. We are looking for an intern to work with us 1 day per week, researching the possible avenues and looking for opportunities.
Working closely with our Corporate Fundraisers, you will be involved in conducting research into gaming sector activity with a focus on fundraising, and the development of potential new business leads.
Duration: 2-3 months
Hours: Flexible - 1 day per week
What your days could involve:
- Networking with potential new business contacts and supporters, representing the charity and raising awareness of what we do
- Researching and developing a list of potential companies to approach for events and campaigns
- Attending external meetings and events along with a member of the New Business Team
- Contacting leads to discuss possible fundraising events and campaigns
- Administrative tasks such as database communications and prospects
- Recording developments and ideas from key external and internal meetings, inputting your ideas and thoughts to influence outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
- An interest in gaming and a good understanding of the online community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – with the confidence to speak to current and potential supporters on the phone
- The ability to undertake research and work accurately with attention to detail
- Good IT skills – MS Office and preferably some database experience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively and plan
- Energy and enthusiasm and a pro-active approach
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team – whilst working towards set objectives
What you can expect to gain:
- Improved knowledge around how the third sector operates
- Networking skills, enhancement of interpersonal skills through interaction with colleagues and potential supporters
- Attending formal meetings, building an understanding of how company partnerships work and the relationship the charity has with them
- Training for relevant skills such as public speaking, giving presentations, CV writing and interview skills
- Working in an office environment, using a variety of computer software
For more information on internships at Rainbow Trust, click here
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter, highlighting which intern placement you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more call HR on 01372 220 007.