Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
The Corporate team is responsible for £1.4 million of Rainbow Trust’s income this financial year. Funding is sought through the corporate sector via Charity of the Year partnerships, cause related marketing, corporate one day challenges, events and office based fundraising. We are looking for an intern to work with us for 2 or 3 days per week, to support our Corporate Partnership Managers.
Working closely with our Corporate Fundraisers, you will be involved in assisting with promotional and profile-raising elements of corporate fundraising, conducting research into prospective funders and general support as needed.
Duration: 2 - 3 months
Hours: Flexible - 2/3 days per week
What your days could involve:
- Networking with potential new business contacts and supporters, representing the charity and raising awareness of what we do
- Researching and developing a list of potential companies to approach for events and campaigns
- Attending external meetings and events along with a member of the New Business Team
- Developing the corporate social media calendar by identifying newsworthy stories and requesting images and quotes from supporting companies
- Contacting leads to discuss possible fundraising events and campaigns
- Administrative tasks such as databasing communications and prospects
- Data capture into excel following events
- Recording developments and ideas from key external and internal meetings, inputting your ideas and thoughts to influence outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – with the confidence to speak to current and potential supporters on the phone
- The ability to undertake research and work accurately with attention to detail
- Good IT skills – MS Office and preferably some database experience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively and plan
- Energy and enthusiasm and a pro-active approach
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team – whilst working towards set objectives
What you can expect to gain:
- Improved knowledge around how the third sector operates
- Networking skills, enhancement of interpersonal skills through interaction with colleagues and potential supporters
- Attending formal meetings, building an understanding of how company partnerships work and the relationship the charity has with them
- Training for relevant skills such as public speaking, giving presentations, CV writing and interview skills
- Working in an office environment, using a variety of computer software
For more information on internships at Rainbow Trust, click here
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter, highlighting which intern placement you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more call HR on 01372 220 007.