Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
The Data Team manages our supporter database and looks after and develops donor information.
Working closely with our Fundraising and Engagement teams, you will help to deliver and enhance fundraising campaigns through data segmentation. You will project manage supporter insight projects and investigate and research potential future fundraising initiatives.
This is an unpaid volunteer position – lunch expenses covered up to £4 per day; travel expenses covered up to £10 per day.
Duration: 2- 3 months
Hours: Flexible – 2/3 days per week
What your days could involve:
- Conducting data audits and producing recommendations for future development
- Updating and creating new features for our fundraising teams
- Interrogating data to produce statistical analysis reports
- Managing database updates
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent with a passion for working with data and statistics
- The ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Good IT and organisational skills – MS Office and preferably some SQL database experience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Energy and enthusiasm and a pro-active approach
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team – whilst working towards set objectives
What you can expect to gain:
- Hands on experience of how the third sector operates
- Enhanced data management knowledge and skills
- Internal training for relevant skills such networking
- Working in an office environment, using a variety of computer software
- Opportunities to take part in fundraising challenges with fellow interns
- Introductions to other charities as a viable candidate for a starting role, if applicable.
For more information on internships at Rainbow Trust, click here
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter, highlighting which intern placement you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more call HR on 01372 220 007.