Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Database and Fundraising Administrator to help the fundraising and engagement teams increase supporter engagement and maximise income generation.
Reporting to the Individual Giving and Supporter Engagement Manager, you will take responsibility for inputting data and income from a variety of sources onto our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, ensuring high data quality and integrity.
Having worked in an administrative/back office support role, you will champion data, systems and process improvement; and support the Database Officer in administering the CRM database, working collaboratively across the fundraising and engagement teams to maximise the efficiency of our processes and ensure data quality.
Our new, modern Head Office is situated in Leatherhead, Surrey located just 45 minutes from London Waterloo and Victoria and 25 minutes from Guildford. We are less than a 10 minute walk from Leatherhead Station and the town centre, with free on-site parking.
What we’re looking for:
- Competent in data input, data processing, data analysis and reporting – applications will be particularly welcome from those who have volunteered or worked in a charity, are educated to A level or equivalent and those who have previously worked in CRM database administration in a customer or client relations environment
- A co-operative working style – you are able to work well with others, thrive working at a steady pace and have knowledge of the principles that underpin good customer care
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a team-oriented focus
- Patient and consistent – you have better-than-average attention to detail and accuracy, even with repetitive work, and make cautious decisions within clear guidelines
- A confident user of MSOffice and experience of using a CRM database – you are neat and organised, produce high quality accurate work, and are able to carry out instructions carefully.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead the week beginning 28 October 2019, with second interviews being held shortly afterwards. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful and please note that we may close the role early if sufficient applications have been received.