A varied role offering a wide range of experience including office administration, supporter care, fundraising and promotional marketing.
You will be based in Leatherhead, Surrey.Sports and challenge events are an integral part of our fundraising work at Rainbow Trust. Overall they generate over £500,000 a year to help us continue supporting families with a seriously ill child. Our Sports and Challenges team recruits participants for a range of third party runs, cycles, treks and other exciting challenges such as army assault courses and engages them to help them raise funds.
The Intern will support the team by promoting involvement in events to existing and potential supporters, helping to manage the charity’s involvement in events organised by third parties, providing general office support and by managing their own projects. The role is office-based, with the expectation to attend events when the opportunity is available. The team has lots of fun but is extremely busy and works to tight deadlines and high income targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the work of the teams in organising and promoting various fundraising events (internally and externally)
- Providing direct support to the Events Promotions Manager, helping to promote Rainbow Trust events and generate enquiries
- Assisting with the management and care of individual sports and challenge participants to ensure that fundraising targets are reached
- Communicating with colleagues in various teams and externally with supporters, suppliers and participants
- Ensuring information on the database is accurate and up to date
- Providing important ‘on the day’ support at events, representing Rainbow Trust to the public.
Your days could involve:
- Various targeting and communication initiatives to promote events across a number of channels, such as social media and printed materials
- Contacting supporters directly
- Communicating with participants to engage them and encourage fundraising
- Adding and managing information on the database and checking accuracy
- Providing ad-hoc administration support, including collating materials for events, conducting research, sending fundraising packs out and so on.
Applicants must have the following skills/experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good team player; the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Competent PC user – including Microsoft Office
- Ability to undertake projects as instructed and to deadlines
- Confidence to speak to existing and potential supporters on the telephone
- Energy and enthusiasm – a ‘can do’ attitude.
Find out more
To find out more and apply, please contact the Sports and Challenges team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01372 220022. To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the Internship.
Please note, this is an unpaid position but expenses will be covered - up to £10 per day for travel and up to £4 per day for lunch. Three months, minimum of two days a week - flexible working hours depending on the requirements of the team.