We are looking for a number of volunteers to assist our Central London care team in supporting families at home, in hospital and in the community.
- Accompanying Family Support Worker and family to hospital appointments
- Accompanying Family Support Worker and children on outings
- Participating in craft/play activities with children and families
- Listening to parents and children
- Providing practical support in the family home, including domestic help, cooking and recreational activities
- This role could also include some independent working.
- Ability to build relationships based on excellent communication and active listening skills
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children
- Flexible and adaptable manner
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Commitment to setting and maintaining appropriate professional and personal boundaries in line with Rainbow Trust policies
- Non Judgemental approach.
- Min age 18+
- A minimum of one day a week. Primarily Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm. (days and hours would be agreed between the volunteer and Family Support Manager to suit the needs of both the family and the volunteer)
- To enable you to get the most out of your training and volunteering we ask you to commit to volunteer for Rainbow Trust for a minimum of a year.
To find out more or to apply for this role please contact our volunteer team on email@example.com