We are looking for volunteers to provide practical and emotional support to families in the Bournemouth area.
This role may include:
- Accompany family to hospital appointments
- Accompany family on outings
- Participate in craft/play activities with children and families inside and outside the home
- Listening to parents, children and young people
- Provide practical support in the family home, including domestic help, cooking and recreational activities
- Provide respite for the family.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to build relationships based on excellent communication and active istening skills
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children and young people
- Ability to work with children and young people with complex health needs
- Flexible and adaptable manner
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non Judgemental approach
- Flexible approach with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Warm, friendly and a sense of humour.
- Car driver essential
All ages welcome from 18 onwards
This role is Monday - Friday and we ask that you are able to commit to approx 5 hours a week.
To find out more or to apply for this role please contact our volunteer team on 01372 220043 or firstname.lastname@example.org