We are looking for a couple of people to support our Family Support Team directly supporting families in East and West Sussex.
Main activities would involve:
- Accompanying Family Support Worker and family on hospital appointments
- Accompanying Family Support Worker and children on days out
- Participating in craft/play activities with children and families
- Listening to parents and children
- Providing practical support in the family home, including domestic help, cooking and recreational activities.
- Providing transport for families for local hospital appointments
This role could also include some independent working.
- Use of your own car is essential
- Ability to build relationships based on excellent communication and active listening skills
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children
- Flexible and adaptable manner
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non Judgemental approach
Age limit 18+
A minimum of one shift a week. Primarily Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm. (Days and hours would be agreed between the volunteer and Family Support Manager to suit the needs of both the family and the volunteer)
To enable you to get the most out of your training and volunteering we ask you to commit to volunteer for Rainbow Trust for a minimum of a year.
To find out more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.