We are looking for new volunteers to join our team at The Great North Children’s Hospital in Newcastle, providing additional support to families whilst their child is in hospital by running our weekly drop-in group for children and their siblings.
The Drop In runs weekly on a Thursday from 12 - 1.30pm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support set up for the session and help to pack away at the end
- To participate in craft/play activities with children and families alongside staff members. This could include games, reading, cookery or arts and crafts
- Provide a listening ear to parents and children
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to build relationships based on excellent communication and active listening skills
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children and young people
- Ability to work with children and young people with complex health needs
- Warm, friendly and a sense of humour
All ages welcome from 18 onwards.
To find out more or to apply for this role please contact our volunteer team on firstname.lastname@example.org