Gain experience in the fundamentals of fundraising, working on appeals, raffles, telemarketing campaigns, alternative gift products, legacies and in memory giving. You will work across print, digital, social media and telephone fundraising and learn to segment and manage data to get the very best results.
- Helping to deliver and enhance existing campaigns ie appeals, raffles, Rainbow Gifts
- Updating and creating new features for individual giving online
- Analysis – with internal training on the database manipulate statistical data to produce analysis reports for completed individual fundraising activities reporting on their successes and failures and recommendations for future development.
Your days could involve;
- Copy writing and proof reading
- Editing web pages
- Collating and manipulating data
- Briefing design to create new fundraising materials
- Creating new timing and organisation plans
- Liaising with printers
- Stock control
- Potentially some sales work (optional)
- Researching new ways to increase in memory income.
- Creative input for unique and innovative fundraising concepts, for example, an urgent, more hard hitting appeal for new donors
- Working with the PR team to source case studies for regular giving donors
- Concept mapping and liaising with the Design team
- Investigating and researching potential future fundraising initiatives and under the supervision of the individual giving manager take project leadership with these campaigns to drive them forward
- Database entry – working with administrative assistant during busy periods to make sure all Individual activity is entered to the database. Thanking supporters.
- Assisting with other ad hoc jobs as specified by the individual giving Manager
Applicants must have the following skills/experience:
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Be available for three months
- Have A level or equivalent qualifications
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have good IT skills
- Have the ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have energy and enthusiasm
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you are interested please send a cover letter and CV, highlighting which intern placement you would be interested in toHR@rainbowtrust.org.uk