Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Major Donor Executive to support the implementation of the Major Donor strategy to raise £1.3m p.a, whilst providing outstanding stewardship of existing major donors. Leading on a series of planned communications to Major Donors, you will take responsibility for conducting research into prospects, preparing communications to existing and prospect major donors including funder reports, and maintaining accurate donor plans and records.
Reporting to the Major Donor Manager, you will manage the support of our Friends Groups and professionally and confidently act as a representative of the charity to a variety of external and internal audiences with high net worth individuals and in different contexts and events.
Our new, modern Head Office is situated in Leatherhead, Surrey located just 45 minutes from London Waterloo and Victoria and 25 minutes from Guildford. We are less than a 10 minute walk from Leatherhead Station and the town centre, with free on-site parking.
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing, warm and friendly – you are extremely socially focused with great attentiveness to others and an ability to cultivate relationships quickly
- A confident and enthusiastic networker – you have a very persuasive “selling” communication style providing information in an informal manner, and are able to meet and connect with new and different people
- An ability to work at a faster than average pace – you shift quickly between simultaneous tasks and can successfully manage a variety of tasks, maintaining a strong sense of urgency to keep everything going smoothly
- Knowledge of the principles that underpin good customer care – you adhere to established guidelines, policies and procedures
- Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have worked in a fundraising environment and who have managed volunteers/interns, and are educated to degree level or equivalent
- A confident user of MSOffice and experience of using a CRM database – you have strong attention to detail and produce high quality accurate work.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to email@example.com.
First interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead on 27 September 2019, with second interviews being held approximately one week later. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.