We are looking for volunteers to assist our Southampton based family support team supporting families at home with practical tasks, including cooking, cleaning and ironing, specifically in the Chichester area.
When a child is sick, time for these day to day tasks can disappear - we give families the opportunity to spend more quality time together by stepping in to assist with practical tasks.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to build relationships based on excellent communication and active listening skills
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children and young people
- Ability to work with children and young people with complex health needs
- Flexible approach with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Commitment to setting and maintaining appropriate professional and personal boundaries in line with Rainbow Trust policies
- Non Judgemental approach
- Warm, friendly and a sense of humour
- A full and clean driving licence and use of a vehicle is required in some geographical areas
- We ask that you are available for one shift a week, or once fortnightly. Primarily Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm
- Due to the nature of our work and to enable you to get the most out of your training and volunteering, we ask that you are available for at least one year of volunteering for us.