Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Regional Fundraiser to work collaboratively with the regional team and contribute to the fundraising & development plans and activity for the south west of England to achieve long-term sustainability.
Reporting to the Regional Fundraising Manager, you will take responsibility for an agreed income target, achieved by working proactively across the region with community groups (i.e. educational establishments, Rotary Clubs, Cubs/Brownies) volunteer fundraisers and local companies.
Naturally engaging the commitment of others, you will recruit, retain, motivate and develop fundraising groups, volunteers and third parties to contribute to the income of the charity and raise local profile.
Location: Based in Leatherhead, with a focus on South West England including Wiltshire and Hampshire. Regular travel throughout South West England is required.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced fundraiser with an action-oriented approach – you achieve goals with a sense of urgency, a big picture thinker with new business experience
- A compelling public speaker and negotiator – you are a persuasive and motivational communicator who stimulates others into action
- An enthusiastic networker – you appreciate, through your knowledge of managing successful events, that building rapport and developing relationships with others is essential
- Confident in the application of charity law as it applies to regional fundraising – you use your knowledge of the principles that underpin customer care to not only maintain current income levels, but to build upon them year-on-year
- Practical and outgoing – you will thrive working independently, taking ownership of delivering something new, and delegate effectively following up on timeliness and quality
- Demonstrable success in meeting income and expenditure targets - you understand the importance of researching before making an approach and know when to make the fundraising ‘ask’.
- Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have worked in a hands-on environment and who have managed volunteers/interns, and are educated to at least degree level (preferably with an IoF qualification)
- Clear, creative writing technique, confident use of MSOffice and experience of using a CRM database – you have an innovative and creative working style.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.