Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
The Supporter Relationships team is responsible for managing and developing the Rainbow Trust Major Donor programme. The team is focused on account managing existing supporters and developing relationships with new prospective donors.
Working closely with and providing general support to the Supporter Relationships Manager (SRM), you will be responsible for developing and executing a sales and marketing strategy for a book, already printed, which is being sold in support of Rainbow Trust across Hampshire.
You will identify and liaise with prospective retailers for the book being sold in support of Rainbow Trust, provide important support at events and represent Rainbow Trust to the public, attend and contribute to weekly meetings with the community team and communicate effectively internally with the team and other colleagues, and externally with supporters. You will also be responsible for logging important information onto the database.
This is an unpaid volunteer position – lunch expenses covered up to £4 per day; travel expenses covered up to £10 per day.
Duration: 2- 3 months
Hours: Flexible – 2/3 days per week
What your days could involve:
- Sending out letters or reports to donors.
- Updating supporter information on the database, ensuring that it is always up to date.
- Dealing with supporter queries and requests, for example, handling RSVPs to Major Donor events.
- Developing a list of prospective retailers for the book and ensuring a pipeline of research.
- Contacting and meeting prospective retailers to sell in the book and encourage them to place an order.
- Managing and tracking all orders made including invoicing.
- Drafting letters and emails to existing and potential supporters.
- Ensuring the database is updated with actions for each major donor and prospect
- General office administration – filing, photocopying, mail-merging etc.
- Researching prospective donors.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – with the confidence to speak to supporters on the phone, and excellent verbal and written communication
- The ability to create detailed and accurate research – with great attention to detail
- Good IT skills – MS Office and preferably some database experience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Energy and enthusiasm and a pro-active approach
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team – whilst working towards set objectives, and seeing tasks through to completion
What you can expect to gain:
- Improved knowledge of how the third sector operates
- Working in a fast-paced office environment, using various computer software including a database
- Research and event organisation skills
- Networking skills, enhancement of interpersonal skills through interaction with colleagues and supporters
- Introductions to other charities as a viable candidate for a starting role, if applicable.
For more information on internships at Rainbow Trust, click here
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter, highlighting which intern placement you are applying for, to email@example.com or to find out more call HR on 01372 220 007.