Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a part- time Volunteer Coordinator to support the development and delivery of the Rainbow Trust volunteer programme.
Reporting to the Volunteer Development Manager you will be involved in all aspects of the volunteer programme including recruitment, induction, administration, management, support and volunteer engagement.
Along with ensuring the smooth and efficient management of all volunteering enquiries, you will promote new volunteering opportunities on the Rainbow Trust website, external websites and with local volunteer centres; and represent Rainbow Trust at local networking meetings, building relationships with local volunteer centres. You will be responsible for responding promptly to enquiries, maintaining accurate records on the volunteer database, and assisting with the planning and delivery of volunteer engagement and celebration events.
What we’re looking for:
- A conscientious and outgoing administrator - a collaborative and thorough approach, and able to produce accurate, high quality work. Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have worked or volunteered in a charity and have experience of working with volunteers
- An outgoing and friendly communicator – considerate of the needs of others, with strong oral and written communication skills
- A consistent and disciplined approach to work – you thrive on completing tasks accurately in a steady, methodical manner, and have experience of working in an administrative or back office support role (preferably in an SME)
- Competent with MS Office, office 365 and database use – able to produce accurate reports and update relevant websites and social media with marketing communication; and accurate database management
- Cooperative and harmonious working style – a helpful and supportive team member
- Educated to A-level (or equivalent) – a commitment to your continuing professional development, this role would be particularly suitable for someone looking to develop a career in volunteer management.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to email@example.com.
First interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead on 4 and 7 of March 2019, with second interviews on 13 and 14 March 2019. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
Some UK travel will be required. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies One-Star rated organisation