- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for drop cookies
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Red, yellow, green and blue liquid food colours, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place marshmallows in resealable food-storage plastic bag. Using rolling pin or wooden spoon, crush marshmallows into small pieces (but not powder). Pour into small bowl.
- In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Roll each ball in marshmallow pieces, pressing gently to get marshmallow pieces to stick. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set and light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat marshmallow creme and 2/3 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in powdered sugar on low speed until fluffy and creamy. Divide frosting evenly into 6 small bowls. Add desired food colour(s) to each to make rainbow colours.
- For each cookie sandwich, spread desired colour of frosting on bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; gently press cookies together.