Ingredients (makes 6 ‘cakes’)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ Red Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Small Carrot
- 2 Tbs Sweetcorn
- 50g Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Large Eggs
What you do…
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tin with six silicone or paper cupcake cases.
- Prepare your ingredients – finely chop the pepper and spring onions, grate the carrot, drain and rinse the sweetcorn, grate the cheese.
- Warm the olive oil in a pan, then gently cook the pepper and spring onions for a couple of minutes until starting to soften. Take off the heat and add the grated carrot and sweetcorn.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk until frothy. Add all of the vegetables and the grated cheese to the eggs. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes before serving warm. Alternatively, cool completely and pack them up to take on a picnic.