A virtual run is an event that can be completed from any location of your choice, at your own pace and at any time you choose. All you need to do is to track how you reached your distance goal to win a medal.
1. Sign up using the following form and pay the £20 registration fee.
2. Fundraise what you can! You are not required to fundraise for this event but anything you do raise could make a huge difference to the families we support.
3. Get your family, friends and colleagues involved. Keep yourself motivated by completing 5k together.
4. Log how you reached your 5k goal and submit proof once you’ve completed the distance.
5. We’ll send your medal.
Your registration fee goes towards the vital work we do supporting families with a seriously ill child. For many families, our service is a lifeline and your support will help us fund more Family Support Workers. You can find out more about the work we do here.
A portion of your fee also covers the cost of the medal we’ll send you once you’ve completed your 5k.
No, how much you do a day or even over a month is up to you!
There’s plenty of ways to reach your 5k goal, a virtual run can be completed on a treadmill at the gym, by walking your dog, logging steps on your commute, or even by swimming lengths in the pool.
You can log your distance in the following ways:
- Uploading the stats from your fitness tracker to your profile.
- By downloading one of many fitness tracking apps available, e.g. Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, MapMyRun and uploading a screenshot of your activity summary from your 5k.
- Taking a post-5k selfie and uploading it to your profile.
No, but we encourage our participants to go the extra mile and fundraise what you can.
Rainbow Trust supported over 2,500 families last year but there are many more in need of the support we offer. By fundraising, you take us one step closer to being there for every family that needs us. You can set up a fundraising page here
A 5k distance might look like:
- 3.1 mile walk
- 12.5 laps around a standard outdoor cross-country track (400 metres)
- 100 laps of a 50m Olympic size swimming pool
- 50 times up and down a football pitch (100m long)
Our events team would be happy to talk you through the process of signing up as a group, you can reach via email or by giving them a call on 01372 220031.
A virtual run is an excellent way to engage employees and fit your charitable giving objectives into a busy schedule. If you are looking to involve your company, please email us or give us a call on 01372 220031.
Whether your virtual run takes shape as a sponsored walk or a whole school run around a cross-country track, we are on hand to support you. If you are looking to involve your school or would like more information, please email us or give us a call on 01372 220031.
You should receive your medal within 3 - 4 working days of uploading your evidence to your profile. This may take up to one week in some cases.