We are looking for volunteers to assist our Essex based family support team supporting families at home, in hospital and in the community.
- Accompany family to hospital appointments
- Accompany family on outings
- Participate in craft/play activities with children and families inside and outside the home
- Listening to parents, children and young people
- Provide practical support in the family home, including domestic help, cooking and recreational activities
- Provide respite for the family.
This role could also include some independent working
- Ability to build relationships based on excellent communication and active istening skills
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children and young people
- Ability to work with children and young people with complex health needs
- Flexible and adaptable manner
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non Judgemental approach
- Flexible approach with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Warm, friendly and a sense of humour
- Car driver essential
All ages welcome from 18 onwards
A minimum of one shift a week. Primarily Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm. This is flexible and will be arranged between yourself and your line manager.
To enable you to get the most out of your training and volunteering we ask you to commit to volunteer for Rainbow Trust for a minimum of a year.
To apply for this role please email our volunteer team on firstname.lastname@example.org.