We are looking for a volunteer in the PR and Communications team to support the PR Manager and Senior Press Officer with raising and maintaining the profile of Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity.
The Press Support volunteer role will provide support with researching, writing and issuing press releases plus copy writing, project management and administration.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience of working within communications or marketing
- Understanding of the key media and building relationships for successful PR and communications
- Experience of developing content and pitching stories
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including experience in telephoning, email and social media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competent PC user – including Microsoft Office and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Energy and enthusiasm – a ‘can do’ attitude.
- We ask for a commitment of 1 day per week (Monday - Friday)
Benefits of volunteering with Rainbow Trust:
- The chance to gain experience of working with a leading charity and a Sunday Times Top 100 Not-For-Profit organisation
- To have fun
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity and to supporting our vital work
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and working as part of our skilled and friendly team
- The opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with others
- The opportunity to develop and update skills and gain new experiences
- Reimbursement of out of pocket travel expenses
To find out more or to apply, please email our volunteering team on email@example.com or call us on 01372 220043.