- Date published: 05 Jan 2015
On behalf of everyone at Rainbow Trust, especially the families we support, ‘I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to every employee at Deutsche Bank who has given time and money this year, helping to raise over £840,000.00, this phenomenal amount of funds means we have been able to provide nearly forty thousand hours of support to families who have a terminally ill child. From diagnosis, through treatment and beyond, with your help we have been able to support 1,660 families in 2014. Thank you just doesn’t seem enough’
Heather Wood, Rainbow Trust CEO
Over the past year Deutsche Bank employees have undertaken some incredible achievements including:
- Funding 40,000 hours of support to families with a terminally ill child
- Volunteered 210 hours of their time
- Over 377 Deutsche Bank employees competed in over 22 fundraising events, including DeutscheBike 2014, which saw a total of 160 employees getting on their bikes
- A total of 54,512 metres have been scaled by Deutsche Bank teams, and over 900 miles were walked through our challenging treks
- 90 employees signed up to take part in the Big Hour to raise awareness of the importance of time for families that Rainbow Trust supports
- £29,945 was raised from raffle ticket sales alone throughout the one year partnership
- £4,000 worth of stock was donated to the Rainbow Trust shops
- 40 Deutsche Bank employees signed up as champions dedicating their time to raise awareness and funds for Rainbow Trust. Their help has been invaluable during the partnership.
Some of the highlights from the past year include:
- Three Peaks Challenge: two fantastic teams conquered this tough challenge, tackling Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon, all in the space of 24 hours. The challenge included a total of 480 miles of road travel, largely during the night and climbing a total of approximately 3,000 vertical metres. These events raised over £18,000, allowing Rainbow Trust Family Support Workers to give 818 hours of care
- Bring your teenager to work day: In May 60 teenagers took part in a day of business workshops, team building, and apprentice style challenges, to sell a variety of Rainbow Trust products to employees in 6 of the Deutsche Bank offices. Through their hard work and entrepreneurial skills they raised £9,000 and increasing awareness of Rainbow Trust throughout the Bank.
- Deutschebike: In June 160 employees took on DeutscheBike, Deutsche Bank’s largest ever sporting fundraiser, and raised over £72,000. This fantastic amount will help fund a Rainbow Trust Family Support Worker for two years
- One Day: In September Rainbow Trust was joined by Frank Bruno, Hugo Taylor and Gillian Wright, to inspire employees to donate a day’s salary - and donate they did - a phenomenal £385,362.45 which equates to an incredible 17,516 hours of care
- DB Music Quiz: In November 33 teams of Deutsche Bank employees put their music skills to the test and raised £6,000 which will fund our 24hr helpline for nine months, giving families a friendly voice that can be there when they need it the most, even if that is the middle of the night
- Iceland Trek: A team of 15 trekkers covered a gruelling 58 kilometres through torrential rain, ice, snow and volcanic ash to complete this extraordinary challenge through Iceland’s lava fields and mountain range. The team raised an outstanding £20,075 which will fund three Family Support Workers to drive 100 families to and from the hospital in a specially adapted vehicle for a whole year.
Rainbow Trust would like to say a huge thank you to all who supported us and helped to make the partnership such an incredible success.